J and I have discussed it at length. We decided that whether or not this worked (and we're trying very hard to remain optimistic that it will), another day or two will not change the outcome. So our first decision was to have the test sent out. In all likelihood, my insurance will pay for the test. After all, it's none of their business why I need a pregnancy test, right? Then came the second dilemma. It's a holiday weekend. That probably means we would not be getting any results until Monday. When I originally scheduled my beta for 11/26, my nurse told me that since that was on the Friday after Thanksgiving, I had the option of waiting until Monday the 29th if I was going out of town for the holiday. Since I was not, we went ahead and scheduled it for Friday. J and I decided that if we were going to have to wait until Monday the 29th to get any results anyway, we might as well wait and do the test on Monday at the medical clinic here at home. Make sense? I hope so. It should be covered by insurance that way, and we'll still get the results that day. Good or bad, that's the decision we have come to. So that means I've got 3 additional agonizing days to wait, but I'm saving a little cash in the process. Can I really hold out on testing until then?
So, I guess that means I'll get to live in my little pretend world for an extra weekend. *sigh* Now I have to call the fertility center on Monday (yay, more phone calls...did I mention that I hate making phone calls?) to see if I can get the order for the test sent here instead. I also need to ask them if they have any sort of medication donation program. (Maybe if I write about it here, I'll remember.) I have two unopened 300 IU cartridges of Foll.istim. It cost too much to go unused. Somebody can use it.
I'm off to play with Jax. We're giving him a b-a-t-h today. I'll try to snap some new pics of him since he got his first haircut last week. Everybody have a great weekend!
Hugs and love,









11 comments:
I hope you have a quick wait. I can only imagine how anxious you are!
If I need Follist.im for my cycle, I will take that off your hands!
Good luck with your betas! I think that I would have made the same decision as you...might as well save money when you can.
I think you made the right choice! This should be a good time for an extra wait anyway. Hopefully with the holiday weekend, you'll be really busy and not have so much time to wonder. maybe?
Good luck with the extra wait! Hopefully it flies by and you get the great news that you want!
I'm right with you Angie. My beta isn't until Monday either. I don't know why my clinic waits so long. I'll be sending you positive yet distracted thoughts so you can get through the holiday weekend! :)
Really tough decision and I have to say you guys are showing some serious restraint to wait until Monday to do your Beta!Wishing you the very best of luck and hoping you get nothing but awesome news.
Happy ICLW
Here from ICLW. Hope your wait isn't too agonizing. I had mine over a holiday weekend too and it drove me bonkers!
I think you found the best decision for you. Wishing you all the best!
Heather
Here from ICLW :) I would never be able to wait for the beta - so props to you! I adore your blog template - its beautiful. Praying for you and your husband. Sending you sticky baby dust galore and much happiness. Best wishes.
Hello beta twin! Well, results twin! My beta is on 11/29. GOOD LUCK! ICLW.
Here from ICLW and props to you for waiting for the beta! I hate waiting, I don't think I would be able to not PIAS over the weekend. Prayers that it's successful!
Post a Comment