Friday, November 12, 2010

Fertilization Report

I was supposed to call my voicemail after noon today to check on the status of my eggs.  I cheated and called just a little bit early because my break ends at 12:05 and I wouldn't have another chance before school was out.  I'm glad I did, too, because they left the message at 8:30 this morning!

Of the 27 eggs they retrieved, 21 were mature.

Of the 21 mature eggs, 15 of them fertilized.

I call back tomorrow after noon for an update. 

I'm still pretty sore, but I thank you all for the lovely advice about everything (PIO injections, etc.).  I'll certainly hang on to those emails for reference.  Thanks everyone for the well wishes.  It truly does help to know you're pulling for us.

Hugs and love,

4 comments:

Kitty said...

Ooh that sounds very promising! :) Grow, embies, grow!!!

Ashley said...

That's great news! Grow Grow Grow!

Brave IVF Girl said...

15, wow! Should give you time to get less sore.:)

Teresa said...

Hi Angie. I just stumbled upon your blog, and we are at the exact same point in our IVF cycle! I also had my retrieval on Thursday. 15 embies is awesome! I have a good feeling about this cycle for you.