Saturday, November 13, 2010

Breaking news from the IVF Lab...

I called this morning (yeah, who actually waits until noon, I wonder?) to get an update from the lab, and was SHOCKED to hear what my message told me.  Yesterday, we had 15 fertilized eggs.  I was expecting may 7 or 8 of them to survive until today.  Well, Julie from the lab left me a message that said that on the second day after ICSI, they like to see 2-4 cells, preferrably four.  We have THIRTEEN (13) four-cell, grade B or better embryos!  I was totally shocked.  We are still on track for a day 5 transfer on Tuesday. 

I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up, but it's so hard when they keep telling me how good things look. 

Oh, and I'd like to give a shout-out to my newest "follower" and cycle buddy, Teresa, who is at the EXACT same point in her IVF cycle as I am!  What are the odds?  I'm so glad you stumbled upon my blog today.  I can't wait to wait with you!

In other news, Jax has had a big week as well.  Yesterday, he got his first haircut.  I can't get him to sit still long enough to take some new pictures.  Maybe later tonight.  Then, this morning, he went to the vet.  He did so great!  He didn't even whimper when he had to get a shot.  He had another accident after we got home from the grocery store, but we're still working on the whole house-breaking thing.  He'll get the hang of it!

Hope everybody is having a terrific weekend!

Hugs and love,

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I hope the great news keeps on coming for you!

elephantscanremember said...

How great! I love your numbers!

Samantha said...

AMAZING, AMAZING NEWS ANGIE!!!

Whoa, my captcha was "angshe" )

MamaBiologist said...

I'm so excited for you! I hope things continue to go well. I'll be thinking of you!

heartincharge said...

Great news!Hooray!