And it hasn't. Jax woke us up at 6:30, so we went ahead and showered and dressed and headed out to the clinic bright and early. We arrived before the scheduled opening of 8:00, but the lobby opened at 7:30 so we were able to go on in. You apparently have to get up mighty early to beat the old people. I was about 9th or 10th on the list when I signed in. When they finally called me back, they asked me if my doctor was being paged with the results as they were coded STAT. I told her that no, we were given the choice and decided that since J works there we'd just look the results up ourselves. So they draw my blood. No problem. We head home to wait (and cook....we're having J's family over for Thanksgiving today).
We had already decided not to look up the results until everyone leaves our house this afternoon, but J decided it would be a good idea just to check and make sure the results have been entered into my chart (they should have been within an hour, having been coded STAT). At that time, it had been a little over an hour. There were no results there. After several phone calls, we learned that the lab does not process the quantitative beta on Saturdays. They don't "fire up that machine." So, no official results until Monday. I've been testing (I know, bad girl *smack hand*) on internet cheapies since Thursday, getting a super-duper faint line each time. It's gotten a smidgen darker, but not a lot. J sees the line, too, so I'm not imagining it. He suggested that we get a better test for tomorrow since I couldn't get the results today. I've had my cry time over not learning the results yet, and I'm trying to be patient. But it's hard. So, so, so hard. I've waited so long for this, though, what's another 2 days?
You wanna know what really makes me angry about all of this? I don't even get to tell J the news. He'll learn it first. Since my cell phone coverage is spotty at best at work, he'll have to just look up the results on Monday after the test has been processed and email me the results. I've known for a long time that I would never get to surprise my husband with the news that we were expecting. Now I've been robbed of getting tto tell him at all. He's going to tell me. Or that we're not. Whichever the case may be.
Those of you who pray, pray for patience. I could sure use some.
Hugs and love,









9 comments:
Aw, good luck with the wait... you must be going crazy.
"You apparently have to get up mighty early to beat the old people."-This made me laugh.
Yay for a faint second line!
Can't wait to hear more - and I hope that comes mighty quick for you.
Visiting from ICLW ... So sorry for your frustration upon frustration. I'm thinking good, patient thoughts for you. I hope you can find a way to enjoy the rest of the weekend.
(((Hugs))) Hang in there, lady! That's great news about the 2nd line, and very encouraging that it's getting darker :) Sending you patient thoughts!
Line is a line kid. Your pregnant! I'm so excited for you. Hoping for a great beta on Monday.
Ah...I can understand why you're frustrated. But please, that line means you're pregnant. :) Congratulations! I'm hoping for a great official beta number Monday!
Yay for the line! I am sorry your lab isn't playing fair. I know that is really frustrating that your hubby will find out first. I just said a pray for you for patience. I'll be going in on Monday for my test as well. I am not going to POAS. I'm too chicken!
A line is a great sign! My first line was so faint I could hardly see it but all was well. Crossing my fingers for an excellent beta as soon as it will get here! **ICLW**
I remember being told by a nurse at the dr. that ANY pink line meant it was a sure thing. She said that if the store bought tests were wrong, it was almost 100% wrong in that it didn't show positive when it shouldn't have.
Post a Comment