Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Needles--more needles. Yuck!

I updated all the important information yesterday, but after J got home someone called from my doctor's office to make sure we were informed of the 2nd beta results.  When J told her that we knew, they talked for a moment and he mentioned that I was hoping they would switch my progesterone supplement tomorrow (which is today).  She said she would fax them the results of both Saturday's and yesterday's tests, then, since she was originally planning to fax them all together after tomorrow's 3rd test.  Whew!  I felt sure that would mean a trip to the pharmacy today, which I would gladly make--or likely, send J on. 

So, I went to school this morning with my cell phone on vibrate in my pocket so I could attempt to catch the phonecall from my nurse, which I felt sure would come.  But coverage is spotty at best in our school building (it almost makes me mad at the great coverage we have right outside the door in the parking lot), and I thought I'd at least feel the vibration of the voicemail alert when/if she called.  At lunch, I felt that familiar vibration and checked my phone.  I had just enough signal to check the message.  It was, indeed, from my IVF nurse.  She was just calling to let me know that she had received the results of my test on Saturday and it was positive.  While she was talking, apparently someone brought her the results of Monday's test, too, so she told me to go for one more repeat beta on Wednesday and *gulp* to continue the progesterone injections like I've been doing.  Great.  Not exactly what I was expecting, but I guess I'll do what I have to do.  *sigh*  This, too, shall pass, I suppose. 

Thanks so much everybody for the well wishes.  This is all surreal.  I can hardly believe that all those comments I keep reading are for me.  Those are comments I read on other people's blogs.  I really appreciate the support, especiallly considering that I'm a pretty sorry commentor myself.  I read your posts, but sometimes I can't think of anything interesting to contribute that someone else hasn't already said.  A pathetic excuse, I know, but it's the best I can come up with.  I will try to do better.  I promise.  I love you all.

Hugs and love,

3 comments:

Ashley said...

It must be so hard to believe but believe it!! Congrats again! Sorry to hear about more needles but it's all for a great cause!

heartincharge said...

Hopefully today's injection is the last!
And hopefully the extra two days of pain were worth it for your baby!

Steph said...

I haven't said congrats yet, but I've been smiling for you! So, CONGRATS!!!

I'm sorry that you have to still do shots, I do hope they'll be able to change that for you. In the meantime, remember it's all for your baby. (that may make it sting a little less) :)