For more about my TTC history, check out the page at the top (Our TTC Journey). For the Cliff's Notes version, DH (J) and I have been trying to expand our family for 3+ years. A month after our wedding, we ditched the pill and naively thought we'd be pregnant by Christmas. Ha! That's almost funny now. At the present time, we are in our first IVF cycle--in which we transferred one grade A blastocyst on day 5 and ended up with 9 embryos to freeze. Now we're playing the waiting game....waiting to test...waiting for beta.
Oh, which brings me to the first part of the title of this post. If you've read my blog lately, you'll know that J and I have been torn on exactly when to get our beta done. Our original appointment was scheduled for Friday morning at 8:00. But we had our reservations about driving 82 miles one way just to get some blood drawn. And paying for the whole thing out of pocket. (What else is new?) Then, last week, we learned that we had the option of sending the test out to a lab that my insurance might pay for. So, we chose to test here at home. (J works at a medical clinic.) The problem? They're closed on Friday, so I'd have to wait until Monday. So, we decided that we'd just wait until Monday. In all likelihood, we'd have had to wait until Monday if we sent the test to an outside lab in the first place, so what would be the difference if the blood was drawn on Friday or Monday? Wait it would be.
But then...last night when we went to bed, J remembered that although the clinic is closed on Friday as part of their Thanksgiving holiday, he thought the lab would be open on Saturday morning. And there's my silver lining. After confirming that yes, the lab would be open and yes, they do the quantitative beta in-house, I called the fertility center, explained my situation, and asked if I could get the order sent to my doctor. Why, yes, I could. No problem! So, we're now going to test on Saturday morning. Granted, we still will not have "official" results until the doctor signs off on it on Monday, but at least the test will be done. And there just might be a way to get those results early...
So, right now I'm 6dp5dt. My rear is sore on both sides from the daily PIO injections. I'm snippy--short-fused with J even when things aren't his fault (sorry...I love you, babe). I'm tired. And my boobs are sore. Oh, and now I'm sharing all of this with complete strangers. Oh, well.
I'm off to do some commenting. If I don't make it to your blog today, please forgive me. I'll be by soon!
Hugs and love,









8 comments:
Here from ICLW! The title of your blog drew me in, as mine could be the same! ;) It is almost funny to think back to how naive we were too when we started on this journey! Wishing you the BEST news this weekend, and hoping you find a way to get those results early!
Congrats on being Pregnant until proven otherwise!!!
Sending you lots of sticky vibes!! I hope you get your results early!!!
lucky you getting your beta drawn on saturday! i hope you get a peek at the results early! wishing you the very best of luck!
Here for ICLW. Glad things worked out with the beta. Waiting sucks. wishing you all the best with the results. Happy Thanksgiving.
I don't get to have my beta done until Monday. I am too afraid to POAS beforehand. So, I'll wait. Your embryo was beautiful! I hope we're both pregnant! Happy ICLW and Happy Thanksgiving!
Here from ICLW. I hope you're able to get great news, and as soon as possible! I just had my Day 5 transfer this morning. The waiting is so tough!
GOOD LUCK! The 2WW is soooo draining isn't it? I really hope you get a BFP - fingers crossed for you!
Happy ICLW.
Yeah. Glad you found a compromise!
Post a Comment