Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Update

So sorry I haven't updated in a while.  In my last post, I updated on my second monitoring appointment and my failed attempt at administering Gani.relix on Friday night.  Well, J told me that there was no use stressing out over the injections on Saturday and Sunday--he'd just give them to me.  (He later admitted he was rather surprised that it wasn't any harder than that to poke me with a needle.  Hmm.  Should I worry about that?)  So, that's exactly what we did on Saturday evening and again on Sunday. 

On Monday morning, I had another appointment for monitoring.  It was just a bit later than the other appointments have been, and traffic was a breeze.  (Yay!)  However, there was a longer wait in ultrasound.  After I had my blood drawn, they sent me to another waiting area to wait my turn for the ultrasound.  Finally, the tech was ready for me.  She brought me a clipboard and a pen to record my own follicle sizes.  There were several between 15 and 20 mm, and I thought we were doing pretty good.  She told me that she would not be surprised to see me today (Tuesday) or Wednesday or both.  We were almost there, but not quite.  I felt deflated.  I was so sure we'd be triggering that night and going in for retrieval on Wednesday.  She said that she'd been wrong before, though, so be sure and check my voicemail box for instructions later today.

I did.  Again, and again, and again.  From 2:00 on, I checked that mailbox every ten minutes.  Sometimes more often.  Nothing.  No messages.  I had a meeting at school at 2:40, and a meeting at the bank with J at 4:30.  In between those meetings, I called and called and called again.  Still nothing.  I'd decided that if I still had no messages at 4:15, I'd call and talk to a real person.  Well, as it happens, I was driving at the time.  Just as the phone was ringing in to the clinic, my phone beeped with another call and it over-rode the one I was making for some reason.  By the time I got off the phone, the sun was in a very bad position--blinding me--and I decided it was not safe to try the call again.  Besides, I was almost to the bank. 

Long story short, I never did get a message and as we waited for the loan officer to be ready for us, I couldn't stop they tears.  J assured me that we would get in contact with somebody, even if we had to page the on-call doctor, as soon as we were finished with the bank.  I dried it up, but I just new this error in communication would result in the cancellation of our cycle.  All that money and time and effort down the drain.  Sometime during our meeting--shortly before 5:00, my phone rang.  I excused myself and answered it.  It was my nurse!  She said that someone was supposed to call me to let me know my instructions, but they hadn't signed off on it and she wanted to make sure I had the plan.  Thank you, nurse Kelli.  You saved my night!  She said that the doctor was pleased with how things were going, but she wanted me to stim for one more night.  So, I kept with my 225 IU of Foll.istim, Gani.relix, and 1 mg of Dexa.methasone.  Then, I had to go back today for another round of bloodwork and ultrasound. 

J ended up taking off to go with me this morning.  He just didn't want me to go alone.  Sweet.  I'm a big girl, though, and I think I'd have been okay.  I was glad to have the company, though.  And I really do enjoy it when he's with me.  Things looked even better this morning.  This afternoon, nurse Kelli called me personally.  Forget that mailbox stuff.  I guess she wanted to make sure that I knew what to do plenty early.  We trigger tonight at 9:30, go in tomorrow for one last estradiol test, and retrieval is set for Thursday morning at 8:30.  We have to be at the clinic at 7:30, though, so we're going to stay the night in Nash.ville. 

Oh, in other news, there's a brand new "baby" at our house.  On Sunday, J and I picked up our miniature schnauzer.  Pics to come later tonight or tomorrow.  He's precious! 

Happy Tuesday!

Hugs and baby dust,

4 comments:

Kitty said...

Holy heck!!! Well good luck on Thursday! I'm glad things are progressing as they should!

And a new puppalup too! Can't wait to see pics :)

Ashley said...

Good luck on Thursday! That definitely sounds like a stressful couple of days. Looking forward to seeing the new puppy pics!

Anonymous said...

The timing of these things is so stressful and I always worry human error at the clinic will mess me up. I'm glad things worked out well. Good luck tomorrow!

Jenni said...

Prayers are coming your way!