I've been pondering a tough question lately. It's not a question I need to answer for myself, but rather one I anticipate getting from people who don't really know me when they find out I'm expecting. Because I know they will. And I'm pretty sure I'll hear this question at least once during the next 7 months.
Is this your first child?
For many people, this is a simple question with a clear-cut answer. Yes or no. My dilemma is that I don't know how to answer it. How much information do strangers deserve? Granted, even the people who know me and see me every day or every week (I'm thinking church here) don't all know about my troubles. But they won't ask. They'll just assume that it is because I don't have any living children.
If I answer "Yes," then it's like my angels didn't matter. And they did. They're what caused me to keep on fighting for my family.
If I answer "No," then it warrants an explanation of why there are never any kids in tow.
*Sigh*
Any advice? Sorry...I'm a planner by nature. I'd like to have a firm answer ready to go before this question gets fired at me.
For now, I'm going to go enjoy this beautiful (albeit chilly) Saturday with my darling husband and my sweet little Jax.
Hugs and love,
Saturday, January 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
I was asked that question more times than I can even count. More often than not I said NO that I had 3 little angels in heaven. MOST people don't ask anything more cause they will now feel bad for asking in the first place but for the nosy ones I just say that I don't care to discuss it.
Now I get asked if Mason is my only. Again my response is more often than not NO. Sometimes I say I lost twins at 22 weeks and just leave it at that but sometimes I say that I have 3 little angels in heaven...it all depends on who is asking.
It's your life and you have the right to answer how you want and how much info you want to give out. Believe me its a tough question. Its one that I asked my counselor how I should respond to.
I will be honest there were some situations that I just said yes because in my heart I knew he wasn't my first but I just didn't want to have a prolonged discussion about why he wasn't.
Hope that helps somewhat...just go with your gut depending on each situation.
I am also wondering the same thing. I love Lindsey's answer and I will probably say that I have three angels in heaven. I hate when people ask questions like this. I know they don't know better but they should keep their mouths shut. Let me know what you decide to say.
Post a Comment