So, after waiting for nearly 2 hours, I FINALLY got to meet with Dr. G after our ultrasound yesterday. (I blogged from J's phone in the waiting room so you wouldn't all come after me...not that I'm anything special, but I know what it's like to wait and wait and wait for an update from someone in a similar situation. I didn't want to leave you all hanging.) He said that everything looks GREAT. We actually measured a day ahead of what I had figured at 7 weeks (hmm...seven). Heartrate = 128. He was so pleased with the pictures that I don't have to go back for 2 weeks. Last time, we measured a few days behind and he insisted on having weekly ultrasounds for a couple of weeks.
Of course, that means I'm in another 2ww. I thought I was done with those for a while. ;-) Oh, well. I'd scan the u/s pics but it just looks like a little peanut. I showed it to my mom when I came out to wait for the doctor and she held it upside down. (I'm horrible at looking at them, too, so I'm not making fun. I might not have known it was upside down if my name wasn't on the top.)
Today, I allowed myself to relax a little bit. I even googled creative ways to tell my students when I got home from school today. I still don't plan on telling them for a while (unless it leaks...which is possible), but I'm a planner by nature, you know.
Have a fabulous weekend, everyone!
Hugs and love,
Friday, January 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









8 comments:
I'm so happy for you!! I'll keep praying for you.
I think I was about 15 weeks before I told my students, I wanted to make sure everything was alright before I told them. I can't wait to hear how you tell them. My students were all so sweet and excited, it make me cry.
I'm so relieved for you :)
After such a long wait, I'm glad you got good news! This whole process is just a series of scary waits, isn't it? You should post a picture- even if it is just a gray-ish blob. :)
Congrats and I'm relieved you got great news too! Yes, what is it about these waits?! I thought we should be done with them too...alas, here we are again! :)
Woohoo!!! So happy for you, Angie.
I think my favorite u/s was when Boo was about 12 weeks - I got a 3-D pic, and he looked like a little gummy bear. Honest to goodness, it still melts my heart.
Yay!!! So happy things went so well! =D
I am so happy for you!!! The waiting never seems to end, just one 2ww after another (and sometimes longer!) praying for the rest of your pregnancy to be uneventful and for you to have a healthy, take home baby!!
I am so incredibly happy for you that everything is okay!!! I've held off saying much on here before, for a few reasons, but after reading this I felt I had to stop lurking and chime in...
I have been reading your blog for at least two years, and you've been on my prayer list - right next to myself. My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for four years when we finally gave up last October (2010), and decided we'd adopt at some point. We even purged our home of all the baby stuff we'd been saving. Then this summer, in August, we found out we were expecting at only 4 weeks (total accident). We have no idea how that happened (other than the obvious bit), and since we never knew why we couldn't get pregnant to start with we were terrified we would miscarry, since it had happened before (at the beginning of those long four years). And then I bled, too, just like you described (when I read that, I cried for you - my own terror over bleeding was fresher than I knew, and that was back in September and October). I've been praying for you since you posted that. I feel like I'm rambling, and I'm sorry - bit muzzy headed today. Anyway, for me it turned out the bleeding was from a "friable cervix" meaning my cervical cells are very fragile and would bleed at the slightest abrasion, and since my cervix was riding extremely low, that meant it bled all the time. It is very common, evidently, and absolutely no danger to baby. If your doc hasn't already given an explaination of the bleeding you might ask about that? Nothing worse than not knowing what's going on. Anyway, we're hitting 24 weeks tomorrow, and everything is fine - I haven't had any bleeding since week 16 (pretty sure it's because my cervix pulled way up when the uterus came up out my pelvis), and Serenity is measuring right on target, and is active. I have an anterior (in the front) placenta, so I can't always feel her which is nerve wracking, but she's there! And so is your little bean, and I'm so happy for you!!! Again with the babbling, lol :P
I just wanted to encourage you in this scary and exciting time - you're going to be a mama! You already ARE a mama! *hugs* And just my two cents, but I think you should post the picture even if it is indistinct - my first scan was at nine weeks, and she looks like a Teddy Graham :P Even if you're the only one who can see her, she's THERE and that is priceless and totally precious! :)
My prayers are still, and will continue to be, with you, dear Angie *hugs*
Post a Comment