Monday, January 23, 2012

The Perils of Blood Thinner

In addition to my nightly belly shots (haha...I still giggle over that), I also take 9 injections a week IM in the hip--a daily shot of PIO (2cc) and estradiol valerate on Tuesdays and Saturdays (0.1 mL).  I only have a few more weeks of these, but they would be much less of a big deal if I weren't taking the daily blood thinner injections.  You see, on several occasions, I have bled like a stuck pig after the injections.  I can't tell you how many times I've had to SHOUT out the drips from my pajama bottoms and my undies. 

The worst part is that this week must have been especially bad...only after the bleeding appeared to have stopped...because I have discovered drops of blood on the sheets.  The good sheets.  J's favorite sheets.  Good think it's laundry day.  Only a teeny bit seeped through to the mattress, and I think it's taken care of.  Gotta go soak those sheets in some cold water and make them good as new!

Hugs and love,

3 comments:

Suzanna said...

Doesn't sound fun at all! Yuck! I hope you were able to get all the stains out.

MaryMargaret said...

I feel your pain! I'm not on Lovenox, but DH has a special talent for going through blood vessels with my PIO injections. No blood in the syringe when he pulls back, but once the needle is pulled out, here comes the gush. It's so gross. Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone!

A Wife and a Teacher said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry!!! We have a favorite set of sheets too that I have had to soak!