I've been in contact with my IVF nurse this week trying to figure out when I can actually stop all these IM injections. Unfortunately, she has "current" patients to see to and hasn't gotten back to me. I was a little bummed about it, but not upset. I understand their needs are more immediate than mine.
Today, however, I was surprised to see a missed call and voicemail message from the RE's office at lunch when I checked my cell phone. It was from a different IVF nurse (I think it was the one who taught our IVF class). She was calling with the plan for weaning me off my meds. Basically, Dr. W wants me to stay on the current protocol (2cc PIO daily and 0.1 mL estradiol valerate on Tuesdays and Saturdays) until Feb. 10. Then, I can stop the estrogen (so last injection is actually Feb. 7) and either change the PIO to 1cc daily or 2cc every other day through Feb. 17. I haven't decided which I'd rather do yet. I tried to estimate how much PIO I would need in an attempt to not order more than I HAVE to have, but no matter which way I go, I'm going to need 2 whole more vials and part of a 3rd. Grr..it costs too much to waste!
I have one unopened vial left over from our fresh cycle. It expired in October. I wish I knew if it was okay. I'm guessing no. Too bad. I could have saved that $50 for baby furniture!
Hope you are all doing well.
Hugs and love,
Friday, January 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
I'm glad that you can see the finish line! The IM injections are a pain in the butt (pun intended), so I now how ready you are to be done. 8 more days of PIO here- come on 12 weeks!
Hi Angie - I have one unopened vial from my last cycle - shoot me an email if you are interested!
Post a Comment