Monday, December 13, 2010

Snow Day

School was cancelled today because of snow, and I had high hopes of accomplishing everything I didn't get done this weekend.  Things like wrapping presents, fixing Christmas cards, and finishing decorating the tree in the family room (we ran out of ornament hooks earlier and had to get some more) in addition to the usual Monday laundry (only I didn't have to wait until after work to start it) were just a few of the things on my to-do list.  Yeah, it's noon and none of those things are completed yet.  I blame the headache I woke up with for my late start.  I do have one load of laundry completed, one in the dryer, and the last load in the washer at the moment, AND the Christmas cards are on their way to being finished.  So the day hasn't been a complete wash-out. 

What have I been doing, you might ask?  Well, that's simple.  You see, this is the first snow day I've had with a puppy.  Jax absolutely LOVES playing in the snow!  He didn't care much for it when it snowed right after Thanksgiving, but he seems to love it now.  He wants to go outside about every 5 minutes or so.  I haven't taken him out that often, but he'll go and sit by the door about that frequently.

Here are a few pictures of my li'l darling enjoying his first big snow.


Sam, MIL's bassett hound, was a little less than thrilled to be out in the snow.



Yes, that's my precious Jax burrowing through the snow.


Come on, let's go get dried off and get a treat!


My new favorite thing...puppy prints in the snow.


Hugs and love,


2 comments:

heartincharge said...

You definitely chose the right way to spend your snow day. How fun! Chores will always be among us.

One of my favorite pictures of my first doggy is of her sitting on a snow bank dusty with the white powder.

Kelly said...

Sooo jealous that you had a snow day and got to play with your doggies!!!