Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas is usually my absolute, without a doubt, favorite time of the year.  I love the music, the decorations, finishing up the shopping, wrapping presents, the snuggling on the couch and just looking at the Christmas tree, drinking hot chocolate and watching Christmas movies, and, of course, the family time.  But this year, it was bittersweet.  I still enjoyed those things, but each time something ended, my mind would run to what was supposed to happen this Christmas.  We were supposed to make a BIG announcement.  *sigh*  I know I have a lot of blessings from this year, and I'm trying very hard to focus on that instead of my troubles.

If you've read my blog for the last month or so, you'll know that we've recently gotten a puppy--a Miniature Schnauzer--named Jax.  I tried to capture the highlights of Jax's first Christmas in my photos this year.  Here are a few of them.  (If you're friends with me on Face.book, you may have already seen many of these--sorry!)


Getting a pre-open presents belly rub.  Aww, yeah!


Hurry up, mom.  I think there might be treats in there!


Thanks, Uncle Nick, for the Hill.topper bandana.  I've got spirit, yes I do!


Yeah, me and my dad, we're WKU fans!

Yeah, I've got the whole family wrapped around my paw.


Whew!  This opening presents stuff is interrupting my nap time.


Get that camera out of my face, dad.  I'm trying to get some sleep here!


When we got home on Christmas Eve, this is how much snow we already had!  (It got up to around 5 inches by morning.)  But no playing tonight.  We had to go to bed so Santa could come!


On Christmas morning, I had to get up early to help dad open his stocking.


Whatcha got there, dad?  Is it a treat?


Ah, nothing like being surrounded by your new best friends.  Thanks, Santa, for the toys.


Gotta give dad some kisses before he helps me open my presents. 


Well don't just sit there, open up those treats!


Check out this new blanket I got!


Oh, and don't forget the pajamas!  Party at my house tonight!


Hey, guys!  Did you know there was snow out there just WAITING to be played in?

Finally, when we got home Christmas afternoon, I got to play in the snow!  Mom made me put my sweater on so I wouldn't get so cold...


...but I still ended up with clumps of snow stuck in my fur.

Mom finally figured out that if she warms a towel in the dryer while I'm playing outside, she can swaddle me up to thaw out when I get back in. (She sneaks in some extra cuddle time that way, too.  She's sneaky, that one!)

Now that Christmas is over, I'd better start working off all those extra treats! 

Have a great week, everyone!

Hugs and love,

1 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

How cute! I am glad you had a nice time overall.