Monday, December 20, 2010

Grounded!

Jax is officially GROUNDED!  And on the first day of Christmas break, too.  I took him out a little while ago to go potty, or so I thought.  Sometimes, he still likes to explore the backyard after he does his business.  After all, he's lived here for less than 2 months now, and he's still discovering his territory.  He's been really good, though, about going out without his leash.  Not anymore!

After he pottied (is that even a word?), he started sniffing around and running about the back yard.  Nothing unusual.  Then, he ventured around the corner of the house.  He's done that before, too.  He never goes past the antenna tower, which is about 2 feet around the corner.  I called for him, and he didn't come back.  So, I tiptoed around the corner and found him halfway to the front of the house.  When I called for him again, he kept right on running.  He was amazed to find that we had a front yard.  He was nearly to the road (it's a country road, not a major highway, but still a road nonetheless; the cars wouldn't hurt any less) before I was able to get him to turn around and run back to the house.

So, now Jax is not allowed to venture out to potty without his leash.  At least for a while.  He knows he's being punished, and he's been pouting.  But now, I have to go calm down my vicious dog.  He's barking at his own reflection in the fireplace.



Hugs and love,

3 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

Dogs are INSANE sometimes! Even though they wreak havoc and are disobedient, they are too cute.

heartincharge said...

Thank you for that precious picture. Glad Jax didnt make it to the road.

Jenni said...

He is soooo cute! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!