To follow up on yesterday's post, the lie was number 2. My darling husband DOES fix my lunch for me sometimes (because he swears I don't eat enough if he doesn't), and I DID graduate from college a semester early. My "rare" pink quarter, though, is actually just a plain quarter that somehow fell victim to a bottle of nail polish. My great-grandmother gave it to me when I was little (I guess she got it with her change at the store or something), and I just couldn't bear to part with it. I refused to spend it, and I still have it. So, while I DO have a pink quarter, it was NOT minted that way.
Time for Wishes...
Today, I wish we could retire some phrases often given to us infertiles as advice from well-meaning (yet uninformed) individuals from the "other side." Here is a short list I've come up with in just a few minutes. Feel free to add your own. Please pardon my sarcasm.
* Relax, and it will happen (Oh, is that how it works? I thought it would be easier if I stayed all tensed up.)
* It will happen when it is supposed to (So all this "perfect timing" business is just a marketing ploy?)
* Take a cruise(I'm 24 days away from my third one....how many do you have to take? I don't really need the special laundry service.)
* Don't think about it and it will happen (Yeah, and I do that how?)
* Just adopt and it will happen for you (Gee, now why didn't I think of that sooner? Honey, could you add a baby to the shopping list?)
I apologize for the cynical nature of my post today, but there are very few IRL people who know about our struggles, and I get tired of hearing all of this unwarranted "advice" from them regularly. I know they don't know what to say to me. Usually, I just shrug it off when they inquire about when we are going to expand our family (because when they ask when we're going to "start" our family, I usually respond with, "We are a family already."). But, it seems like everybody is full of the same advice. I even have an acquaintance who went through IF treatments to conceive both of her daughters, and she even tells me some of this stuff. Grrr.
Sorry for all the venting this week. I'll blame it on the extra stress of the last weeks of school. Hope your Wednesday is wonderful!
Hugs and baby dust,
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comments:
I hate the "when are you going to have kids" questions. I nearly make my tongue bleed from the comments I hold back. They're usually along the lines of "why the h*** do you think that's any of your business?"
I have a coin collection that's not really worth anything. Some of them are pretty cool though. The funniest one is one that we found in a car- It had cool markings & no English on it. I thought it was an ancient coin from some far away land. Found out years later that it was an Al.lad.in's Ca.stl.e game token. It's still in the collection anyway. Most of it is foriegn coins, we had friends who were missionaries, so I have a pretty complete Irish set of coins. Also American Bicentenials, silver dimes, $2 bill...that sort of thing. I actually found a silver quarter & I have a steel wheat penny. (my FIL also gave us a few, including a buffalo/indian head nickle)
Sorry! didn't mean to get so long on your blog! :)
Post a Comment