Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Two Truths and a Lie Tuesday

Gosh, this game just keeps getting harder and harder to come up with stuff. I can't imagine anyone is really interested in these useless facts about me, but I guess as long as readers keep playing, I'll keep dishing them out. Here ya go!

1. I speak 4 languages.
2. My CD and movie collections are arranged by genre, then alphabetically.
3. I'm VERY cold-natured. I keep a blanket near my seat on the couch year-round, and always take one on trips for the car ride there.

Which one is the lie?

Facing My Demons

Yesterday, I broke down and bought cards for that--ahem--gift-giving occasion occurring next Sunday.  I hope my mom and MIL like the cards because they pretty much got the first two I found that said "From Both of Us."  I contemplated getting them the same card so I'd only have to read one, but I did that one year and then cringed as I realized what I'd done when they opened them together at lunch.  This particular shopping trip was a double whammy, though, as I had to also purchase a card for the baby gift I hastily bought last weekend.  Maybe that means I won't have to do that again for a while.  One can only hope. 

If you are a mother (or a mother-to-be) and you read my blog, please do not think I mean any ill will toward you or the holiday set aside to honor you.  I know that you truly are deserving of it.  It's just a bitter pill to swallow, and I have a bad habit of getting pills stuck in my throat.

Hugs and baby dust,

2 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

I think #1 is the lie. (If you can speak 4 languages, I am very jealous!)

(Hugs) I do not like MD either. It's too hard.

Kitty said...

I'm going with #1 as the lie too. (The joke will be on us if we find out you actually speak 6 or something!)

I thought I'd get off easy this year since my mom will be out of the country for MD, but then I remembered DH's family usually has a big party. Ugh... (((Hugs))) Maybe next year for NIAW we can send each other cards. ;)