Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm still here...

So, I know I've been MIA lately, and I'm sorry. The school year is wrapping up, we've begun this whole house project, AND we've started a revival at our church. Something had to give, and, unfortunately, that something ended up being my blog. But I miss it, and I promise that as soon as things slow down a bit (after school is out, at the least), I'll return to posting and commenting regularly. I'm so sorry to those of you who have needed my support and I haven't been offering it. If it's any consolation at all, I have been thinking about you, whether I've been able to "drop by" or not.

Not a lot to report on at the moment. AF is hopefully packing her bags to get the heck out of here. She made her presence from Wednesday until yesterday afternoon (don't usually have the killer cramps for that long), and she has DEFINITELY overstayed her welcome.

The kids have been wild at school, too. It's like I'm not even talking to them anymore. I'm "evil" because I don't just let them play all day (yes, we still have to do some work--school isn't out yet), and I may as well tell the walls to be quiet and sit down, because there's a greater chance that would happen.

I wish I could tell you that the house project was coming along swimmingly. Last Friday, they began building up the floor in the existing garage (new family room). 

Notice that it's not finished yet, because they're waiting on the plumber to connect some pipes from our current bathroom for MIL's new bathroom.

Well, since last week, here is our progress.  On Wednesday (5/12), we had a pipe delivered.  Here's what it looked like when I got home.
Not only is it *JUST* a pipe, but it's also just there.  It's not connected to anything.  It's not been drilled into the concrete blocks to join the other pipe work in our house.  It's just there.  See?


Our builder asked me on Thursday evening if I had noticed any markings or flags along the driveway, as he had called to let the phone company and electric company know we'd be digging.  They come out and mark where the lines go so they can try to avoid cutting anything important.  I told him I hadn't noticed anything.  Friday, I came home to this:
Can you see the orange markings in the driveway?  That's spray-painted all along the driveway, in the yard, and even across the gutter that was leaning against the side of the house.  (Never mind the "For Sale" sign.  That's for MIL's current house.  We were just getting it out of my car.) 

I just keep telling myself that it's about to get to the fun stage, when I can pick out new furniture and paint and fixtures. 

I'll leave you with a picture of my monster hosta.  It has overtaken the entire space between the house and the walkway. 



Isn't it funny that this one was planted at the same time?!  (Oops!  It was planted underneath the vent from the dryer.)



Hugs and baby dust,

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Glad you're back but understand the break!

Steph said...

I understand the break, my blog is usually the first to go when life gets busy, but my thoughts of all the ladies here are never far off.

I hope the remodle gets going soon. I remember it was like that when we built the house in MT. It seemed to crawl, then all of a sudden got to a point where everything went really fast.