Several years ago, I was sent a forward via email that was about kids' answers to questions about love. Their hilarious answers sometimes surprised me by how "wise" they seemed. So, the year DH and I were engaged, I began asking my class of fifth graders some of these "love" questions. Last Friday, I polled this year's group of 10 and 11 year-olds (and a couple of 12-year-olds), and have decided to share their responses with you, dear readers. I won't put them all at once, as that would make for a VERY long post, but I will share a couple of questions each Monday for the next few weeks. (Maybe that will carry my Monday posts into summer vacation.) I have corrected spelling for ease of reading, but if they put something in parentheses, I left it like that. Sometimes, I made a comment about their answers. They are in italics inside parentheses.
1. WHAT IS THE PROPER AGE TO GET MARRIED?
• 24 because you will know what kind of people you like to be around by then
• at least 19 (but in the older days it was way younger)
• 25 years old because I have seen it happen
• 35 or whenever you think you have found the right person, not because everyone else is doing it
• 18 because my mom did
• 25 years old is the youngest in my opinion; if you’re a teen, that’s too young. 25 sounds right to me. I think 30 is too late. (Whew! I barely made it in time!)
• 18 because that’s when you turn into an adult (just like Cinderella, huh?)
2. WHAT DO MOST PEOPLE DO ON A DATE?
• Kiss—I have seen it in a movie
• talk to each other, get to know each other (but on 1st date—NO KISS)
• go out and eat
• hold hands
• usually eat, talk, sometimes kiss. It depends on what date it is to kiss though. #1 and #2 is too early.
Well, there you have it, folks. Stay tuned for the rest of the low-down on love. I'd be interested to see how many of these kids follow their own advice!
Hugs and baby dust,
Monday, May 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
That's cute and innocent. I can appreciate that.
That is really cute. I always loved those old "Kids Say the Darnedest Things" shows. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment