Thursday, March 25, 2010

Out of the mouth of babes...

So, this is how I know I've been baby-sitting my nephew and niece too often. Last night at church, the little boy who sits at the other end of my pew was laying down in the seat when I arrived. I pretended I was going to tickle him when I sat down, and he grinned his 3-year-old grin at me, rolled over, and said, "Where's your kids?" At first, I didn't grasp what he was talking about, and responded with, "Sweetie, I don't have any; but if I did, I would bring them and they could sit here by you." (Dagger in the heart, anyone?) Then the lightbulb flipped on--he was talking about my niece and nephew, who frequently spend the night with us and/or go to church with me. Once I told him not to worry, they would be there on Sunday, he seemed happy and returned to his Teddy Grahams. I guess I'm just a "weekend mommy."

I hope everyone has a great day!

Always,

2 comments:

The Hopeful Elephant said...

UGH...that's painful.

My daughter told her Sunday School Teacher that her "Momma can't have babies, because she's broken!"

There are no words....BIG HUGS

tara @ the every things said...

i've get that alllllll the time.
it is a dagger. & so so painful.

sending a giant hug your way! :)