Saturday, March 27, 2010

Lessons Learned from a 3-year-old

We baby-sat for our 6-year-old nephew and 3-year-old niece tonight.  They arrived at 5:00, and were ready to play!  After dinner, however, they settled in to watch the Nicke.lod.eon Kid's Choice Awards (how joyous for us).  At least they agreed on it.  Plus, it distracted them from the fact that the piano had gone to "sleep" before they got there and could not be disturbed (translation--the lid was shut).  Here are just a few tidbits I learned from my favorite 3-year-old this evening.  Many of them come from bath time.

1.  It is impossible to completely fill a 16 oz. cup under the bath water, but for the sake of one's sanity, the answer should be "yes" when asked if it is all "full up." 

2.  There are 101 games to play with a washcloth, a cup, a bottle of baby wash (with a pump), and a tub full of water.

3.  It  just might be impossible to bathe a 3-year-old without getting soaked.

4.  And never mind that it took 10 minutes to button her pajamas...she did it all by herself!

5.  It is possible to do 14 backflips in a row by crawling up your aunt's legs and flipping over.

6.  You can cover a remote control in banana goo in about 15 seconds.

7.  Five words...will-eat-tacos-for-cheese.

8.  Counting coasters never gets old.

9.  One more M&M really means one more handful, no matter how close to bedtime it is.  It's especially okay if you feed a couple to your aunt and uncle for good measure.  (By the way, we're now out of chocolate.)

10.  A hug and a kiss are supposed to cure a headache.  If only it had worked...

To sum it all up, I'm tired, I'm still hurting, I'm soaked, and the bathroom's  been hosed down.  But oh, what I wouldn't give to have one of my own.

Happy weekend, all!

Always,

6 comments:

Kelly said...

It sounds like you had a good time! But banana goo?? Eeew!

ICLW

Samantha said...

Too cute! I hope you get rested back up today!!

The Hopeful Elephant said...

Love it!

Alice said...

Cute stuff, especially the tacos for cheese comment. I will also do a lot for cheese! Thanks for stopping by my blog and good luck with everything!

Krissi said...

Sounds like an adorable night! Thanks for stopping by my blog, (My Ordinary Miracles). I have another one you may be interested in. I will link it to my name. I just added your link there and now following! Happy ICLW!

Kitty said...

That does sound adorable! :) Your auntie skills make me feel a little inferior! I should call my siblings up and ask them to bring over their kids! LOL