I can hardly believe I am typing this, but our baby shower is now less than 2 weeks away. Invitations have been sent, and I've been told that I need to add some things to our registry. J and I registered at BRU and Tar.get. We didn't put clothes on either one because we figured that people who wanted to buy clothes would like to choose their own stuff. J's theory was that we register for the things we really want and rely on others' expertise on other things. ("Hey, I really liked ____ when my kids were born. They might like it, too!") BUT, just in case my mom and I are going to add some things to the registry on Thursday before my doctor's appointment.
So, my question is...what do I need? I'm not a complete idiot. I know some things that are necessary. But what did you love? What could you have lived without? What just took up space? I have read a few similar blog posts from a few of my favorite blogs, but just in case someone else has a suggestion, I am completely open!
Thanks in advance! Love you all!
Hugs and love,
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
The single thing I would say was the boppy pillow. But my mom homemade mine. It was great for feedings and for tummy time and for a prop up. I loved it! This of course is not a necessity, but it is nice to have.
http://reviews.fisher-price.com/6194/51903/reviews.htm
This chair is awesome. Riley is still in it and has even slept in it overnight when he gets sick. It's awesome for reflux too.
I'll just do a short form of the popular stuff ;)
My kids hardly used the bumbo
Bouncy seats with vibrating option are awesome!
Didn't use the swing a whole lot, could prob get away with just the bouncy seat
Pack n plays are SO handy
Hardly used the Boppy, I think I'm too tall so I ended up hunched over when using it for nursing which hurt my back. It WAS nice to use around the babies when they were still tippy when sitting.
I really like my wipe warmer. Feel so bad using cold wipes on their little bums!
The diaper genie is nice but once they start on solids I find it doesn't keep the smell in (I have the diaper genie II)
If you are going to pump, I liked the medela Pump n style and we use the medela bottles and nipples and like them.
If I think of any more I will let you know!!
So exciting! Hope you are feeling well!
I'm not yet a mommy, but have done plenty of research!! My findings have shown Bumbos, Moby wraps, halo blankets/swaddler's, a wonderful diaper bag like a skip hop or JuJube(totally leaning towards the JuJube!!)
I just posted about the same thing...check out my comments and see what they recommend!
http://www.walmart.com/giftregistry/gr_baby_checklist.do
I used this when I registerd. So helpful!
Post a Comment