Monday, May 14, 2012

A Proud fur-mama, a holiday, and a blogoversary

We've made it to 25 weeks.  Three days ago, as a matter of fact.  J and I have argued (only slightly) over when exactly we'll hit the 6 month mark.  I'll admit, his theory does make sense...it just doesn't match anything I've read in any book or on any website or message board.  He says that we'll be 6 months on Friday when we hit 26 weeks...because there are 52 weeks in a year and 26 is half of a  year, which is 6 months. 

Close enough, I guess.  Whatever.

Yesterday was Mother's Day (like I needed to tell any of you that).  I started my blog 3 years ago on Mother's Day.  No, it wasn't the exact date...so the actual blogoversary was a few days ago...but I remember that's when I started it.  I also thought back to last Mother's Day...I skipped church because I had just had my D&C and was afraid I couldn't handle all of the motherly overload. 

This year, I had mixed feelings about celebrating.  A couple of friends texted me to wish me a happy mother's day.  When I argued that I wasn't a mother yet, they both assured me that I am.  One pointed out that I nurture my baby every day.  I guess they're right...I wouldn't "shoot up" every day for just anybody.  J gave me a sweet card (from him, Jax, and li'l peanut) and a gift certificate for a manicure/pedicure.  He told me later that he heard women like to have pretty nails when they go to the hospital to give birth so that's what it's for.  Sweet. 

On another note, I had to make a quick run to the Dollar Gen.eral this afternoon to get some dryer sheets.  I took Jax with me for a little ride.  As we were pulling in, I noticed this car pulling out.  When I got out of the car, the lady had pulled back in a parking space to admire Jax.  She said she just had to tell me how gorgeous my schnauzer is.  She even got out of her car to come look at him.  I was a proud fur-mama...now if I could only get him to stop growling at strangers. 

Hope you're doing well!

Hugs and love,

0 comments: