We hit 24 weeks yesterday. Woo-hoo! This week was a very tiring week. I had something to do after school every single day except yesterday. On Wednesday, I went to the lab to take my Glucose Challenge Test. I failed it by 4 points. So, off I'll go on the 16th for the 3 hour test. My doctor said he believes it will be normal, but I have to take it since the first one wasn't. I was disappointed, but it will be okay. I'll do whatever I need to to make sure li'l peanut is healthy and safe.
Otherwise, things looked good. We had to have a repeat ultrasound because he was being stubborn at our 20 week one and they couldn't get all of the pictures they needed. I ended up getting two of them at my appointment. We started with one, but he was curled up in a ball sleeping (sounds just like me) and they still couldn't get everything they wanted (parts of his spine weren't visible). So, after I saw the doctor, a tech came back up to try again. I knew he'd be more active this time--he hates the Doppler. It always makes him mad and his heart rate goes up by about 10 beats. (This time it was 135 on u/s and 144 on the Doppler.) He was moving around this time and she was able to capture the last pictures needed.
I only have one more appointment until we start going in every other week. Eek! How did we get here so fast? My belly measured 2cm ahead...which means it's grown 7cm in the last four weeks. Um, yikes! I know it could be no big deal at all, but I also know that at some point it could become one. Doc ordered a growth scan for next time just to estimate the baby's size. He said he would rather we measure a little big than a little small. I hope he's not a shorty like me, but I also would hate to crowd him so soon!
One last thing...he asked me about work. About how I was doing with working all day. I told him that everything was fine and that the school year is almost over (5 more days with kiddos). When he asked me when I have to go back, I told him that the kids would come August 1 and I'd have to start a week or so before. J told him that I was hoping to get a week or two in before going on leave. Dr. G said we'd just have to see how everything is going. The kids start on Wednesday. If I could at least get that first 3 days in to finish out the week, I can at least get them all organized and such. So, I guess I won't be too ambitious and just hope for a little bit of time. I'm planning to spend the first part of summer break making long-term plans for my sub. She's great, but I've never been out for this long before and I'm not exactly sure how to plan for it. I have some ideas of what I'll do, but it's also hard not knowing about the schedule yet. Maybe a miracle will happen and they'll have it for us before we leave in a couple of weeks. Hey, a girl can wish, right?
Happy weekend, happy Derby Day, and happy Cinco de Mayo!
Hugs and love,
Saturday, May 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
I am so thrilled to hear that everything is going so well. Best of luck for your 3 hour test!
Lets see some of those US pictures!!! Please?!?!
Happy 24th week! I hate that you have to endure the 3 hour glucose test, but I agree- whatever is best for the bambino. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I pass my 1 hour test in 10 days... :)
Post a Comment