Well, the first day of it anyway...
I spent most of the day at the lab doing my 3 hour glucose tolerance test. Yeah, it was a blast! It actually wasn't as bad as I had anticipated because they inserted something (I think it was called an angiocatheter) in my arm so they only had to stick me once, then they did the blood draws from that. Stick me only one time instead of 4 (or more if they don't take)? Yes, please!
The solution was lemon-lime this time. The first drink was definitely better than the last. I passed the time by watching A Baby Story (downloaded on the Ipad), reading from my Kindle app, doing logic problems online, and checking my email all while trying to avoid the food commercials on television.
The good news? I passed. Yay!
I ran a couple of errands (after eating lunch, of course), and then came straight home to rest. I seem to need a nap every single day lately (whether I get one or not is another story...). Sounds like a good idea before it's time to start dinner...
Hugs and love,
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
Congrats on passing the test! And only getting one stick instead of 4 is great!
Happy Summer Vacay!
Yay for no gestational diabetes! Not the ideal way to start the summer, but at least you can spend the rest eating yummy stuff instead of artificially sweetened grossness. :)
Glad you passed! The nursery is looking grat! Enjoy your summer off!
Post a Comment