Thursday, October 28, 2010

I'm Suppressed...

Yay!  This morning, my mom and I headed for NFC for my suppression check and trial transfer.  Until yesterday, I was genuinely looking forward to this visit, as it would mean we were nearly ready to begin the "real" stuff.  (My mom drove me because J doesn't trust me to drive long distances alone.)  But yesterday, as I was preparing for my substitute today, it dawned on me that something could go wrong today.  What would I do if something was going on inside that jeopardized this whole thing?  (And when did I become so pessimistic?)

I shook it off, though, and went into today's appointment with nothing but high hopes.  And I was not disappointed.  The journey to the clinic was rather nerve-wracking--first we hit a rabbit, then traffic was backed up the closer we got to Nashville, but we made it through the bottle-neck and arrived fifteen minutes early (even after stopping downstairs to use the restroom--gotta empty they ole bladder before they weigh me, ya know!). 

The nurse drew some blood (first hurdle jumped...sometimes I'm hard to stick).  Then she took me to a room for the ultrasound.  A little uncomfortable, but nothing unbearable.  Then, I ventured to another room where my trial transfer and physical exam was performed. Everything went smoothly, but the nurse did tell me that my cervix is at a funny angle so she's going to recommend a cervical stitch at the time of retrieval in case they need it to aide in the transfer.  Turns out I do have a pesky yeast infection, so she gave me a prescription for that.  Hopefully that clears up SOON. 

At checkout (I love that they call it that), I was assigned a voicemail box where I will receive information and instructions for the duration of our cycle.  This afternoon, I was delighted to call the system and hear that my estradiol level was 41, meaning I am suppressed and I should go ahead and begin stimming on Saturday morning!  I will take 150 IU of Foll.istim in the a.m. and again in the p.m.  In 10 days, I'll add Gani.relix to the mix (which was NOT in my original box of drugs, so I had to get that ordered today...goodbye another $300).  I was a bit disappointed that my first monitoring appointment was changed from Tuesday to Wednesday--meaning I'll have to take the day off work instead of just heading down on Election Day--but I will survive.  But I may have to break down and tell the boss what's going on so he won't think I'm being a slacker taking off work two days next week (during a 4 day work week).  Yikes!  Any advice?

Well, I suppose I've rambled on enough.  Thanks for taking the time to check on us.  I couldn't do this without you all!

Hugs and baby dust,

2 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

I can't wait to read more about your experience. I hope you have a terrific response to the meds and everything goes swimmingly resulting in a baby (or two).

Samantha said...

This is happening!!! Can't wait to hear how everything goes and to see that BFP!