Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Box and Happy ICLW

I could hardly believe it when I filled out the form for ICLW this month and actually put IVF as one of my three descriptors.  Me?  Yes!  If you're new here, welcome.  I hope you find something that makes you want to come back.  My husband, J, and I are about 2 1/2 weeks into our first (and only) IVF cycle.  For more information about our TTC history, check out the link at the top of this page. 

So, last night, just before I left for church I got an email from UPS.  They were letting me know that my "box" has shipped.  You know which one I'm talking about.  The big box o' drugs (fertility, that is).  My stomach dropped just a little when I read it, but I've taken great pride in utilizing the online tracker to locate my package.  It's kind of like a kid tracking Santa on Christmas Eve.  It should arrive tomorrow (last night when I went to bed, it was leaving East Boston, and this morning it was already leaving Louisville, KY).  I'm fighting the urge to forward the email to my work email account so I can track my shipment every chance I get...we'll see which side of my brain wins that one!

I got my first ever flu shot yesterday.  It didn't hurt--just a little pinch.  J thought I should get one since he's expecting me to be in a "high-risk" category by the time flu season actually gets here (Mr. Optimistic).  I obliged.  I hope I actually need it.  *Sigh*

Hope everybody has a great day!  Smile...it's almost Friday!

Hugs and baby dust,

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I am your first ICLW visitor! I am glad I found you because we too are just beginning our first IVF!! I still have a couple of weeks until I start injections but I will start the BCP tomorrow. I look forward to reading more about your journey!

The Wifey said...

Ooooh there is a wait for everything even med shipments!! AYE!!!

Good luck this cycle with your IVF...lots of dust your way!

Anonymous said...

It's Friday here in Oz! Such a good feeling. Hope your box of drugs arrive soon. Starting IVF is almost like starting afresh with TTC - there's new hope :) Baby dust! ICWL

Lisa said...

It sounds like you're on your way and that you are embracing IVF with a positive attitude. I hope that you and your husband are successful with it, especially if you have already agreed that this is your one and only time, as you said. Wishing you all the best.

Lisa (ICLW #63)

Anonymous said...

hi! here from ICLW! i just got my meds last week too! so excited. oh, and i'm being optimistic about the flu shot also. i'm getting mine on tuesday. :)

good luck!