Unfortunately, of those 1200 days of wedded bliss, J and I have spent approximately 1150 of them attempting to gain my next "m" title...Mom. I guess that's inaccurate. As we all know, we haven't tried every single day to achieve this goal. But let's be honest. We've planned everything around the possibility that this month could be "it." (Yeah, I'm thinking maybe I'm overusing the quotation marks today.) But it never was. So, I have decided that this is it. This IVF cycle is going to work because I said it was. After having a major meltdown last night (after I saw all the charges posted to my credit card...that nearly equal the balance in my bank account; in addition to the bills for all the pre-requisite testing), J told me I had to stay positive.
In honor of my newfound optimism, I've included a tube of a special lotion for stretchmarks in my Av.on order for our school fundraiser. I guess if it doesn't turn out that I need it, I'll just throw it in with my next baby shower gift.
Upcoming: last BCP on Monday. (TMI alert--I've been spotting since about Wednesday. Is that normal?)Meds have been billed, and should be arriving on Thursday. Yikes! (Can I really do this?) I'll be sure and take a pic like I've seen so many others do. If for no other reason, for the memory. This is, after all, my blog.
Love to all!
Hugs and baby dust,









4 comments:
I promise you can do this. It's so overwhelming and I remember it well, but you will make it through. J is right about being positive...but it will definitely come and go. Lean on J, it's his job and I'm sure he will do it well. You can do it!!
(I'm not sure what's "normal," but I used to spot on the pill all the time.)
I believe it helps to think positive, so good for you! We talk a lot about guarding our hearts against disappointment, but I say *IF* it doesn't work you'll have plenty of time to be disappointed. Until then, give it everything you have - body AND mind. I'm sending positive thoughts too!
Hi Angie!
Looks like we are on a similar IVF cycle this go around. I go in for my check on the 22nd and possibly start my stims then...
I'll be sure to check back to see how you're doing!!
Sending you positive vibes!! :)
We've spent several weeks working on positivity. What other route can there be?
Post a Comment