Friday, January 31, 2014

Imagination Gone Wild

I've always had an imagination. Always.  I used to make up stories about cars goon down the road, fellow restaurant patrons, and people I observed at the mall.  Not mindless judgement statements, but real (detailed) stories.  Tonight, my imagination nearly had the better of me while J went to buy milk.  We live about 3 minutes from the store, and he was gone for about a half hour.  I changed Lincoln into his pajamas and went to check my phone, and saw I had a text from him right after he left that said, "I love you!"  

He. Never. Does. That.

While I don't doubt his love for me one bit, be just doesn't text things like that anymore...not since he accidentally texted my mom that he loved her bigger several years ago (long story, but we have the same 1st initial). So it kinda freaked me out.  When I saw it (nearly a half hour later, mind you), I immediately texted back that I loved him too and asked if he's been hijacked. About 10 minutes later, I still hadn't heard from him again.  I dreamed up a few possible scenarios: the Dollar General was held up; he had a wreck and I just didn't know it yet; he decided he'd had enough of my mindless drivel and left me...

Turns out none of them were true.  He came home shortly after with milk and mini Butterfingers.  All is we again...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep!! That sounds like me!!! Wild stories!

BTW, I've been loving your posts!!