Monday, January 6, 2014

High chair Hi-Jinks

Lincoln has become Mr. Independent lately, and would much rather feed himself than be fed.  Last night, he refused to eat more than about half of his chili until I placed the bowl on his tray sk he could feed himself.  I wish I could say he used his spoon...

And of course, he took his bib off...

Notice the "smear" on the wall.  

This morning, I cut up a banana on his plate and gave him some Cheerios while I was sorting laundry.  When I heard him whining (usually indicating he's finished and ready to get down to play), this is how I found him:


Hands folded, plate upside down with Cheerios arranged on "top."  

Yes, this is my child...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Toddler-hood! It's a lovely place...:)

Chrissie said...

Levi has hit that wanting to feed himself stage too. He will no longer eat small slices of pear, banana or apple but wants a big chunk to hold in his hand and bite from. Also, his spoon skills are not the greatest so cottage cheese and yogurt are REALLY messy but I keep telling myself, practice makes perfect...right?!