Thursday, January 30, 2014

Mellowing Out

I'm not exactly what you might call laid back.  That's Jeremie.  I'm a high-strung, mostly serious, always in a tizzy kind of girl.  But I'm trying to change.  I don't want to be the one who fusses and fumes all the time.  While I understand that being a grown-up/parent has its own set of responsibilities (and am perfectly willing to accept them as such), I would rather be the mom who doesn't freak out at the ketchupy fingerprints on the dining room wall.  It will clean up.  Clothes can be washed.  Yes, I might be inconvenienced at the moment, but it is a fleeting moment that will pass all too quickly.  I know that I will one day miss having little feet trotting after me to the bathroom or a screaming toddler who didn't know he needed to cuddle with mommy until it was time to cook dinner.  I've been given a gift...one I wasn't sure would ever happen.  But I may never have this chance again, and I am choosing to embrace it.

0 comments: