Saturday, August 4, 2012

36 week update and work baby shower

I got in trouble with a couple of IRL friends for not updating my blog after last week's appointment.  A lot has happened since my last post, and I apologize for not updating sooner...apparently inquiring minds want to know.  ;-)

Last Friday (7/27), we got so see our little peanut again, and the tech said that he did not appear to be measuring large (HUGE sigh of relief), but right on time.  Maybe even a tad behind (not anything to be alarmed about, he just may be little).  Then it was time for the NST.  The nurse got me hooked up and left me alone in the dark to listen to those galloping horses (that's literally what it sounded like).  Once, when she came in, she looked at the monitor and asked me if I was having a contraction.  When I said I didn't know, she asked if it felt tight.  I told her it did and she said it was a contraction.  It didn't hurt, but I was aware of it.  There were a couple more of those, and J was ready to head to the hospital.  I was not so paranoid about it.  The doctor didn't even check me when we got to the appointment. 

On Monday, my sweet friends at school threw me a baby shower.  I was quite touched by their generosity...especially since it's not how things have typically gone when a co-worker has a baby.  Granted, it's only happened a couple of times since I've been at this school (we're a rather small school), but still...we usually take up money and give a nice gift or a gift card and eat cake.  This was a full-blown baby shower complete with food (including a terribly cute cake), decorations, and lots of presents.  Maybe they wanted to show me how happy they all were for me since most of them knew of our struggles and issues.  Whatever the reason, I was grateful.  They'll never know how much they all mean to me.

 The library all decorated--the pictures on the tables are ultrasound photos my friends "stole" from my blog and placed on tiles.  So cute!

The terribly cute beehive cake...sorry, no close up (it has his name on it)

I will give you a close up of the adorable (and delicious) "bee" cake pops.

Me and the gift table.  See our "Bee" theme?  I thought it was too cute.

I pretended this sweet little sleeping angel bee on top of the cake was to symbolize our two angels.  Probably just a coincidence, but it was meaningful to me, anyway.

3 comments:

Jacksmom said...

Very cute theme. Very sweet coworkers. Like the name choice!

The Alexander Family of 4! said...

Oh...you have made my night! :) So glad you were pleased (and that I did burn the pictures correctly)! I definitely think it is the CUTEST shower in school history! If you do happen to go into labor at school, just come get me (or call...or yell) and I will take care of ya...been there done that! LOL Love you to pieces and LOVE working with you! So happy for you! Oh, and aren't you proud that I am leaving a comment!? :)

Mirand said...

Thinking about that angel on top of the cake just brought tears to my eyes. Love you!!!!!