Wednesday, August 15, 2012

It's the end result that matters...right?

Today, I've been an emotional wreck.  One minute I'm doing just fine, and the next I'm dissolving into a crying, sobbing mess.  I've tried distracting myself...been doing some last minute straightening up.  Trouble is, I keep making little piles of things that "go together," but then I can't figure out where to put them.  Grr! 

I don't know if all these tears are from hormones, nerves, or the endless array of thoughts that keep popping in my head...mostly, it wasn't supposed to happen this way.  I don't know why I should be surprised that my body isn't doing what I had hoped it would.  After all, nothing about this process has been "normal." 

So here I sit, waiting for time to go to the hospital (don't get me wrong...still got plenty to do--haven't even taken a shower yet).  I looked back at some of my blog posts earlier and couldn't help but notice that it was exactly 2 years ago today that J and I filled out the paperwork and submitted it to our RE's office.  Funny how things work out like that, huh?

We took a couple of pictures this morning before J left for work, but he took the camera with him so we'd have it at the hospital.  I'll have to post it later. 

TTFN...the next time I post, I'll be a mom.

8 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh good luck love!!!

E and R said...

Good luck!!
Don't worry about what is supposed to be - the end result is what is important, not the how :)

A Wife and a Teacher said...

Praying for you!

Allison said...

AAAHH!!!! GOOD LUCK!!! It's nerves, and it's normal. :) I love your last line!! Sending a prayer or dozen for you!

Suzanna said...

Praying your passed all the labor and are holding your precious baby now! Looking forward to your MOM post! May God bless all of you <3

Anonymous said...

I don't comment much, but I have followed you on WebMD... I am a grad too! ;-) I am so happy for you. Your last sentence made me cry. So deserving and so blessed are you and your little family. Congratulations and best of luck!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

I am so excited for you! You will get to meet your little one soon! Good luck mommy!

Misty Dawn said...

I've seen on FB where Lincoln is here, can't wait for the birth story!!! Lots of love to you and your family!