Saturday, August 4, 2012

Week 37 and progress!

Yes, you get two posts in one day.  Sorry about that, but I didn't want the last post to be super long.

I went for my 37 week check up and non-stress test yesterday.  All was well, but the nurse noticed I was having lots of contractions on the printout.  I could feel the tightness, but they didn't hurt.  I've been kind of crampy off and on this week, but not at the same time I felt the tightening.  I just figured it was because I was back at school and worked all week.

Dr. G did an exam this time and determined that I am now 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced.  Two weeks ago when he checked me, there was no dilation and I was 50% effaced.  His plan is to see me next Friday (if I make it to then) to re-evaluate progress and talk about induction for early the following week.  Wow!  That means I have about 10 days...or less.  J figures I'll go into labor sometime this next week because our pediatrician is out of town and he is on call. 

I've been told I can keep working as long as I feel like it.  So, my plan is to make this my last week.  That will give the sub some notice and probably put my principal at ease (I think he's afraid I'll go into labor at school--which could still happen, but maybe it won't).  I still have a few things left to do to feel like I'm leaving my sub as prepared as possible, but maybe I'll get it done quickly and won't have to stay too late on Monday.

So that's the latest with me.  In case you were interested.  And so I'll remember it in 10 years.  ;-)

Hugs and love,

2 comments:

M said...

I love your updates Angie! I really do miss your daily blog posts. Your baby shower looked so cute! What a great theme :) (I grew up on a honey farm so I like anything with bees).

It's getting so close! Good to hear there is some progress :)
Baby will be here before you know it. Enjoy these last special days of being pregnant. Can I ask why your dr plans to induce you early? Those Braxton hicks are crazy hey?!? Crazy how tight your tummy can get.

Hugs and love. Glad to hear you are doing well!

Allison said...

WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Thinking great thoughts for you!