Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Whew! What a weekend! (plus u/s pics)

On Friday, we hit 29 weeks.  Wow.  Nearly 3/4 of the way there.  To "commemorate" this occasion, I completely wore myself out over the weekend.  I played piano for a wedding on Saturday, so I had rehearsal on Friday night (shortest wedding rehearsal I have EVER been to).  When I got home, we went for a walk (2 whole miles, this time).

We did some house cleaning on Saturday morning before the wedding, then went for dinner with my parents and brother after the reception.  Because my mom and I both had a 30% off coupon at K.o.h.l.'s, we stopped by there for some Christmas shopping (yes, I said Christmas shopping) before heading to the grocery store. 

On Sunday morning, I was tired.  My body ached, but I had to hope right up and find some energy.  After Sunday School, J and I got a bit of lunch before it was time for our baby shower.  I can't believe we were ready for that.  I hate being the center of attention (other than when I'm on stage...ya, know, pretending to be somebody else), but we felt very blessed that so many people came to celebrate with us.  J came home and put almost everything together.  I did my first load of baby laundry (just blankets and washcloths and such).  Jax was NOT happy about all those new toys he saw come into the house that he couldn't play with.

And now, for those of you who either made it through the sometimes boring details of my busy, busy weekend or skipped it altogether so you could get to this part, here a few of those pics from our last u/s.  Next appointment is Thursday.  I'll try to update (if there's anything to report).




Little peanut was facing us.  Sorry the picture is crooked.

This one has a pretty good profile.  His hand is resting on his belly.  He had just kicked me.  It was pretty weird to see and feel it at the same time.

This one might be my favorite--our sweet little guy is sucking his thumb. 

2 comments:

Samantha said...

looooooooove!

now it's time for a belly pic!

A Wife and a Teacher said...

How exciting!! I hope you have gotten some rest this week. I'm so happy for you!