...when writing baby shower thank you cards? Cause I did. Lots. I spent the better part of yesterday morning working on the cards. I think my OCD kicked in, because my "system" sure seemed odd to me, but it worked. First, I put return address labels on all of the cards I needed (I actually started that a couple of days ago when I counted cards to see if I needed more). Then, I put address labels on them for the recipients. In the order that I opened their gifts (in my head, it makes it easier to make sure I don't miss someone). Then, I FINALLY started writing the cards. I was six cards in and using tears to seal the envelopes (okay, not really, but if there was an easy way to do it, I could have). Is that normal? Probably not. I guess I just didn't ever expect to be writing them. And there I was--writing baby shower thank you cards while doing baby laundry. So surreal.
Speaking of baby laundry...it took me over an hour to cut all of the little plastic tag holders off of just the newborn and 0-3 month sized clothes! Come on people!
Here we are at 31 weeks. I think it makes J nervous (because I was born at 31 weeks). I am mostly packed--complete with the birth certificate form filled out (except for J's information) and a copy of my insurance card. The other night he said we needed to have somebody on standby in case I went into labor while he's at work and my mom wasn't home to take me to the hospital. I told him I thought we would be just fine. He doesn't think I'll be starting school. I do. I guess we shall see.
Hugs and love,
Saturday, June 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
I think it's normal to cry over EVERYTHING at this point. I made it through the Thank You cards, but had a breakdown when Paul left for work tonight because I was thinking about how it would feel to have two babies here alone- crazy!
It sounds like you've got your ducks in a row, but I pray that you hold out for a while longer. Have fun with the baby laundry!
Post a Comment