...whether you're having fun or not! This week is spring break. Nothing bad has happened, but some days have definitely been better than others. We went out of town to visit some friends over the weekend, but cut our trip just a tad short because our dogs didn't exactly get along. That gave us the entire day on Monday to work around the house. (J only took Monday off, so this was good for him.) The big job we had to tackle was cleaning out the nursery. Prior to this pregnancy, it has been used as my computer room. Once upon a time, both of our computer desks were set up in there, but J moved his to the family room when we got the house add-on finished. Since then, it's also been the catch-all room. Anything we didn't know where to put got placed (sometimes thrown) in there.
Geesh.
Good news? The closet is completely cleaned out and ready for li'l peanut. The bad news? There's still a ton of stuff on the floor that I need to decide where to put. I'm just too darn sentimental to throw it all out.
I've had a headache for the past 2 days. It's not the worst headache I've ever had, but it certainly makes bending over to sort through things more difficult. Oh, well. I'll live.
Some parts of this week have been fun. I got a new car. Yeah, J decided that I needed something new to drive peanut around in. My 1998 CR-V was still running great, but I suppose it was time for something new. So, I got a NEW (2012) CR-V. It came in on Monday and we picked it up on Tuesday afternoon. I don't have any pictures yet, and J drove it to work today to show it off. I'll take some soon, though. The depressing part is that we went from zero car payments to 2 in a span of four months. J leased a Civic right at the end of 2011. We managed to sell both of our cars, though, so at least we had a good down payment for mine.
We've also ordered all of the big items of furniture for peanut's room...one piece at a time. ;-) Don't judge me. That's what you do when you have coupons for 20% off a single item. They actually had the chest of drawers and changer/dresser in the color we wanted in stock for some odd reason, so those are currently sitting in their boxes in the family room waiting for me to finish cleaning the room out. The crib coul possibly be in tomorrow, but definitely within the next couple of weeks. Exciting stuff!
Tomorrow is my 20 week appointment. I can hardly believe we're halfway there. I'm excited to see peanut again. Arriving with a "comfortably full" bladder, not so much. Sorry, doc, but 32 oz. of liquid is not comfortable no matter how you slice it!
Break time is over! I need to get back to cleaning. Just thought I'd post a quik update while I rested my back for a minute. Hope you're all doing well. I've been reading, I promise!
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
We are also trying to find new spots for all the stuff that accumulated in our empty room aka the baby’s room. I can't wait to see pictures of your nursery! So exciting. Have fun at your US appointment!
Post a Comment