Pictures have been requested. As soon as I get the curtains hemmed and ironed, I'll take some. (Oh, and as soon as I find the battery charger for my camera, too.)
So, I've been thinking lately about the things I love the most about being pregnant. Besides the obvious anticipation of holding a real, live baby at the end of it, I'd have to say the number one perk is no AF. She and I don't exactly get along. And she rarely showed up when she was supposed to without a little prodding from medication.
I don't particularly like being the center of attention, though, and I HATE causing people to worry about me.
I've tried really, really hard not to complain about things. After all, this is what we've wanted for so long. So, instead of listing complaints, how about I just mention some of the things I sort of miss?
* underwear that fits properly
* doing things for myself. Nobody will let me do anything it seems.
There is one thing I hate--the fears (both rational and irrational) that creep into my brain at unsuspecting moments. I've tried to remain as positive as I possibly can, especially since things seem to be going so well. But the other day I was gripped with a new fear...one so terrifying that I have not even been able to say it out loud. If something goes wrong at this point, this little guy will have to be delivered. I'm trying not to think about it, but I can't seem to stop my brain from playing "what-if."
In other news, we're trying to make the transition for Jax a little easier. Several weeks ago, we bought a doll. A doll that cries. We were hoping he'd get used to it and not mind the baby too much when he arrives. We expect he'll be a bit jealous, but at least it won't be a complete shock to his system. Maybe. We have recently started calling the doll peanut's name. When he's in the right mood, I can ask Jax, "Where's ___(babe)?" He'll take me to the nursery and peek in the crib (where we have kept the doll since we put the crib up). So sweet. He doesn't bark anymore when the doll cries, either.
Hope you're doing okay.
Hugs and love,
Monday, April 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Happy to see everything is progressing well Angie!!
What a cool idea with the baby doll! I hope Jax and baby get along great!
Post a Comment