Thursday, July 30, 2009

Great way to start a new school year...

So, I had to go back to school yesterday. (Just teachers--the students don't come until Monday.) Luckily, though, I don't have to be in until 1:00 today since we have to stay until 7:00. They call it a "work day," but I certainly don't want to get all hot and sweaty moving things around in my classroom before meeting all my new li'l darlings' parents tonight at open house. So, I've already been there and arranged everything.

AF decided to show yesterday--just in time for school. Lucky me. (So, now I can smile through the horrendous cramps to explain all the joys of 5th grade to my sweeties and their parents.) I'm not even all that upset about it this time. I guess I don't allow myself to get my hopes up anymore. Right now, there's nothing I can do about it that I haven't already done. If it happens, it happens. Until we get just a few more pounds off, the doc won't re-evaulate DH little swimmers.

I hate open house. I like meeting my students and putting a face with their names, but kids act like totally different people when their parents are around--most of them, anyway. And it never fails, I have parents who bring in their other 4 children and let them run rampant in my classroom. Mind you, I don't usually have a problem disciplining other people's children, but I hate to do it right in front of their parents!

Alas, I must go. I still have a couple of things to get together before I leave for school. Happy Thursday, all!

Much love,

1 comments:

Erin said...

Gosh you guys go back to school early!

I just got AF too! I hate her.