Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wedding cake and other treats...

As I mentioned before, yesterday was our anniversary. I wasn't expecting it to feel any different from any other day. DH and I didn't have any plans--he had to work, I cooked dinner as usual, and then I had play practice for our upcoming community dinner theater. We just returned last weekend from vacation, so we weren't going anywhere. We'd even already done presents. (I got a new I-pod, and he got a Blu-Ray player). I did get him a card, but didn't expect one in return. He's not really the card-buying type. (I don't even get them for Valentine's Day.) So, imagine my surprise when he gets home from work with flowers and a card in hand. So sweet!


After dinner, I pulled out the top tier from our wedding cake. I know, I know. We were supposed to eat that on our first anniversary. Well, we were out of town then, and we just kept forgetting to thaw it out. I was expecting it to be totally gross, but it was delicious! I was so suprised. Although, it didn't really fit in our diet (and we were just hoping it wouldn't make us sick since we haven't had much sugar in the past 6 weeks). We ate our piece and I sent the rest of it to my parents to remove the temptation.



The roses are a little smushed from all the plastic wrap, but I thought it looked pretty good to have been stashed in an ice cream bucket at the bottom of the freezer for two whole years!

I suppose that's enough for today. I hear the dishes calling my name. Happy Wednesday, everyone!

3 comments:

Kitty said...

Aw! Sounds like a very nice evening :) Happy anniversary! We didn't save the top of our wedding cake, now I'm kinda bummed about that!

elephantscanremember said...

Awww. Happy (belated) anniversary!

That was very sweet of your dh.

Erin said...

Happy anniversary. Nice looking cake.