Anyway, fast forward two years and we come to the latest fiasco. Tomorrow is my niece's 3rd birthday. My brother-in-law called last weekend to tell us that for her birthday, they're taking her to Pu.erto Va.ll.arta (a Mexican restaurant--I'm not sure if it's a chain or not, so please don't think I'm trying to insult your intelligence by explaining that). Please tell me what 3-year-old picks that out for their birthday party? I suppose at least I'll get to be in the air-conditioning. Her other two birthday parties were at their house, and her mother (dear SIL) refused to let anyone in the house because it was clean and we might make it dirty. (I told you she was impossible!)
I suppose I really shouldn't be surprised. They took their 5-year-old to Shogun--the Japanese restaurant--for his birthday last December. And we weren't invited. He asks us every time he sees us why we didn't come to his birthday, and every time I answer with, "Sweetie, we weren't invited." I want him to understand that we weren't there because she chose to leave us out and not because we didn't love him. He then assures me that he will be inviting us this year. Poor kid. He can't help it that his mother is a moron.
The worst part about my niece's birthday plans is that, as you may remember, DH and I have been on a diet all summer. We've decided to treat ourselves to a splurge twice a month--we use payday to guide our dates. The next one falls on Saturday. Well, this restaurant is not on our diet at all! (Not to mention DH doesn't even like Mexican food.) Plus, we dont' want to waste our splurge on a place SHE picked out. We already had a whole "date" planned. It's his turn to pick where we eat (he's not sure where yet) and then we are going to the movies. We plan to eat a light dinner at home before going to the party. I guess we'll be having a Diet drink, and I'm trying to figure out something little we can order without blowing our whole diet for the day.
Sorry to rant on and on and on....this is all I have. I hate to pour it all on my mom all the time. (Trust me--she hears plenty!) And my IRL BF has left for another job, so I don't see her much anymore. If you've made it this far, thanks for reading. I hope your day is being kind to you!
Love,









1 comments:
Your sister-in-law sounds like a winner! A Mexican resteraunt for a 3-year-old? Wow. Maybe you and your DH can order margaritas to start your date. Poor child. I guess no running around and playing at her birthday party. It's sit at the table and eat tacos. ((Not that I don't love tacos))
Post a Comment