Friday, July 20, 2012

35 week update

Leapin' Lizards!  How did I blink twice and suddenly I'm 8 months pregnant?  I had my 35 week check-up today, and things are still going nicely.  Li'l peanut's heartrate was 142 (he was having a lazy afternoon), and my weight is still somewhat steady.  I had gained a couple of pounds today, but the nurse also said that the scale is "kind of broken."  Sometimes it's accurate, sometimes not.  So, I don't really know if I have gained any this week or not.  Blood pressure was good, but because of my history with BP issues, Dr. G said he'd likely not let me go past 39 weeks.  He also decided to go ahead and switch me from Lovenox to Heparin (2x a day) in case I go into labor early.

I also got my first cervical check today.  That was fun.  (Maybe in some alternate universe.)  My cervix is still closed, so no dilation yet, but it was 50% effaced.  I wasn't really expecting anything there yet, so I was a little surprised by it.

I'll be going every week now until li'l peanut arrives.  Next week, Dr. G has ordered an ultrasound to check his size (apparently, my belly is still measuring a bit big...despite what the people who have actually seen me want to believe), and I will have a Non-Stress Test just to check things out. 

I still can't believe this is happening to me.  He asked me today if I just couldn't wait for it to be over.  I told him that I didn't want to wish pregnancy away, but I would be happy to meet our li'l peanut.  After working so hard to get pregnant in the first place, I've tried so hard to enjoy every minute of it.  Other than having my thermostat turned way up, I haven't really had complaints.  I've had some uncomfortable nights, but nothing I couldn't handle. 

Until next time...

Hugs and love,

4 comments:

E and R said...

I am so glad to hear that things continue to go well!! Your peanut will be here before you know it!

MaryMargaret said...

You are such a trooper! And a much better person than I. I've really enjoyed this pregnancy, but have had a hard time curbing a few whiny moments when things were pretty rough. Congratulations on hitting the homestretch!

Chrissie said...

It's crazy how fast time has flown by! Wishing you a healthy and restful last few weeks of pregnancy!!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

YAY! Sounds like you are doing great! Keep us updated!