Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wardrobe Complications

Hey, at least it wasn't a "malfunction."  I'm at a crossroads when it comes to dressing myself.  Some days it goes off without a hitch, while other days--like today--I end up disgusted with everything in my closet.  I always take Jax out right after my shower, so getting dressed is sometimes a two-step process (you know...pants and a shirt to get me by until I dry my hair and put on makeup; then I change anything that wasn't my original plan and go about my business), but I couldn't find the shirt I planned to wear this morning.  Anywhere.  So, I grabbed a different shirt for the time being and decided I'd look for it later.

While Jax and I were outside, I decided that I might not be able to swing these pants all day long.  After sitting for five minutes to watch the news and weather segments, I decided they'd definitely have to go.  I went straight to my closet...looked for that missing shirt one more time (no luck) and found a pair of all-elastic-waist pants that I'd forgotten about (they've been too big for quite some time, but I hadn't gotten rid of them).  I said aloud (to myself, mostly), "Hey, I wonder if these will fit?"  J blurts out, "Well those sure don't!"  He was referring to the pants I had on.  Babe, if you're reading this, you might try to be a little more sensitive next time.

The pants fit, by the way...but they looked like they'd been hanging in the closet on a hanger for a year.  Which is probably because they've been there for about 2 years.  I have 3 pairs of maternity pants--black, khaki, and navy.  My mom had just hemmed the black and khaki ones, and she actually sewed a maternity panel in an old pair of navy pants.  It was looking like I'd have to wear one of them today.  The problem?  I don't have a lot of shirts that are long enough to cover the panels.  I finally scrounged one up, decided I looked decent enough to go in public (I didn't ask J, though), and headed off to school, disgusted. 

I'll admit, though...these pants feel awesome. 

*Sigh*  Now, I get to do it all over again for church tonight.  I know what I'm wearing, though...if I remember it.  I was "supposed" to wear it last night.  But I forgot.  My poor sleep-deprived brain isn't functioning properly these days.

Hope all is well with you.

Hugs and love,

3 comments:

MaryMargaret said...

Yes... you must give in to the maternity pants, and invest in a few shirts that are long enough. Good luck with your church clothes tonight!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

I hear ya...getting ready for work every morning is comical with what fits and doesn't anymore. I might give in to maternity pants soon.

Angie said...

Ok, so I could have written this post! LOL I hate getting dressed for work...I so need to go shopping and get clothes that fit, well. :/ My friend keeps urging me to the maternity pants that I'll be more comfortable...maybe I should give in too!

Also, thanks for your comment...I didn't realize (or forgot is probably more like it) that you are on Lovenox too. Shot #1 wasn't bad...kinda like Lupron. I have a question though, is your OB monitoring your blood to make sure it doesn't get too thin? If so, how often? If not, did they tell you why? I asked today, and mine said they would just check at my regular appt...my sister is a nurse and is questioning this.