Thursday, February 23, 2012

Randoms

Okay, so obviously when I said I'd not wait so long between posts, I didn't mean this week.  Sorry guys.  I'm still alive and well.  I've just had a lot on my mind and not a lot of time to sit and write about it all.  Here's a quick bulleted list of the goings-on of my brain these days.  In no particular order...

* Gender.  Do we find out or not?  From the beginning, I didn't want to.  J (and my mom) always have.  I like surprises...good ones, anyway.  J says it will be enough of a surprise to see what he/she looks like.  After much resistance and contemplation, I have weighed the pros and cons and have relented.  Mostly because I really do dislike referring to our little peanut as "It."  Makes me think of poor Dave Pelzer.  So, in a couple of weeks, we might just be able to find out what we're having.  That kind of blows my mind. 

* Clothes.  While I am still pretty comfortably wearing my regular pants (although I can't wait to get into my sweatpants as soon as I get home whenever possible), I am down to one pair of jeans that fit well.  (And by well, I mean they don't look like I was melted and poured in.) I have purchased a pair of denim capris at Kohl's last week while I had 30% off, but it won't be warm enough for them for a little while longer.  I totally don't see it, although J does, but I guess I am indeed starting to get a little bump in my belly.  I can definitely feel a difference when I run my hand over my lower abdomen, though. 

* Announcing.  The cat is pretty much out of the bag...my family has known since Christmas; if you've read my blog longer than that, you've know since around mid-December; my students found out last week.  Somehow, though, I just can't bring myself to mention it on Facebook.  I don't know why.  Many of my FB friends already know.  I really think it's mostly because I don't want to hurt anyone.  I'm friends with several ladies I have met through blogging, and I wouldn't hurt any of you for the world.  A few of them I know no longer read my blog because they are now in a different place on their journeys.  Am I being silly?

* I had my official "first appointment" (even though it was my 4th) last Friday.  Got to do all the "fun" first-appointment exams.  Filled out a bunch of paperwork.  No new pictures, but we did get to hear that precious heartbeat again.  I don't have to go back for 4 weeks...like a normal patient.  Wow. 

* Labwork.  I had to go to the lab on Monday to have some blood drawn.  Two needle sticks (one with a blood pressure cuff wrapped around my arm and pumped up to make my vein pop out) and 5 vials later, I walked my woozy self to the bathroom for a urine test.  Turns out I have a UTI.  I'm now on day 4 of antibiotics.  It must have been early, though, because I didn't have a single symptom.

* Revival.  We're starting a revival at church tomorrow night.  I'm seriously worried about staying awake after working all day.  Guess I'll make it. 

Sorry...didn't mean for this to get so long.  Hope you're all doing well.

Hugs and love,

1 comments:

MaryMargaret said...

It took me a long time to "announce" our pregnancy on facebook. I don't know why either, and you are not being silly at all! I hope your UTI clears up soon- congratulations on being a "normal" pregnant lady!