Chain of events:
1. Yesterday, I registered Lincoln for Pre-school (he's missing the Kindergarten cutoff by 2 weeks). He's ready. Momma, not so much.
2. While we were at Pre-school registration, he saw a couple of kids he knew and went off to play with them. Apparently, he told the aide that they were brothers. She came out and asked me if I was enrolling them both or just the one. I apologized, explaining that he doesn't have any siblings.
3. At church tonight, a sweet couple requested prayers because they've had trouble starting their own family (and I already knew this...have even offered any assistance I can give AND have been praying for them to have the desires of their hearts). Cue flood of memories...
4. The moment I got home from church, I had a message from one of my dearest friends announcing baby #3. I am SO, SO happy for her. She's known her share of grief on this journey (2 losses in 5 months).
I'm still not ready to be done. But I don't think it's in the cards for me. I know, I sound like a CD stuck on repeat. We're talking about checking on Foster-Adopting. A colleague of J's is doing this and has been giving him the run-down of all that is involved.
Since I've been thinking of my angels so much tonight, I'll leave this little quote I came across the other day. Maybe I can "get it together" and make a more eloquent post soon. Until then, hugs and love to all.










4 comments:
Oh Angie (((Big Hugs))) This made me cry. I'm so, SO sorry for the unfairness of it all and that you are feeling so sad. I don't know that you can ever truly "get past" losses. Not really. I hope you and J can make a decision soon regarding foster-adopt. Maybe that is just what your heart needs.
For me, IF and all of my m/c's, will always be a part of my life. Some days the pain hurts more than others. Never getting to experience pregnancy or carry a child of my own hurts so very bad. Knowing what my children have gone through in utero with all the substance abuse and seeing how that abuse effects them daily. All I can think about is how I could have given them a better beginning if I could have carried them. I get angry at our birth mother who sneezes the wrong way and is pregnant. I get very mad that she dictates when we have another child instead of it being our decision. I hate that I missed 9 months of baby R's life and I'm currently missing baby M's.
I feel like sometimes I just need a big ugly cry to let it all out, so I'm not holding it all in. That way I'm in control of my breakdown (which hopefully is in the privacy of my own home).
I can say becoming foster parents to get baby R has been work but also very rewarding. If you want to add to your family without doing IVF again, its not a bad option to consider. It is recommended to take foster children younger than your youngest child. So maybe a good age range would be 0-3 for you guys. Please contact me and ask me any questions you might have. You can FB message me, call or email....I'll be here to help you with the process if you would like. (((HUGS)))
Angie,
I hope you are doing well. Curious if you guys ever decided to foster/adopt?! Please give us all an update if you can!
I'm just getting back into blogging. How are you these days?
Post a Comment