Monday, September 10, 2018

Mic tap...

...is this thing on?  I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted anything here.  I'd love to say it would take forever for me to catch you up (if there's even anyone left to read), but I can probably sum up the major stuff fairly quickly.  In the past 17 months, I've gained a new niece...we went on a cruise (our 5th, Lincoln's 2nd)...completed another season of T-ball...went to St. Louis twice in a week for funerals...Lincoln started Kindergarten and I began the second half of my 17th year of teaching (I started in January the year I began).  I must have started when I was 12.  :-)

So...what's new?  Lincoln is playing soccer this fall.  He's not particularly athletic, but he thoroughly enjoys being outside and playing with other children.  He is loving school so much.  Makes it easier on this mama.  If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you have probably noticed my "LincolnDaily" posts for the past 4 years.  Each day, I post a picture with either a story explaining it or some kind of caption to capture the essence of this child of mine.  I'm likely going to stop at the end of this year, and a lot of people will be disappointed.  I'll still post random pictures here and there, but he's old enough to choose when he wants all of his stories posted for the world to see.  I attempted to stop briefly a couple of years ago, only posting them to a separate blog, but I suppose the extra step wasn't as accessible to those wanting to read.  After lots of messages about how much people missed my posts, I resumed the original format.  It was convenient for me to print in book form at the year's end, anyway.  

I discovered late last summer that Skittles had a limited edition "Lime is back" campaign.  I immediately went on a search as they were only reportedly available at Wal-Mart.  I was met with success and snagged a few bags before they disappeared from shelves (at least our local ones); I even had one student buy me one for Christmas last year.  Since then, I have found they can still be ordered from Walmart.com, and I've embarrassingly ordered twice.  I do eat them sparingly so they won't go too fast just in case I can't get more when they are gone this time.

I have also gained a love for Essential oils.  After purchasing a starter kit from a reputable company via a friend 3 years ago, I was really slow to learn all of their uses.  I have sort of "exploded" my knowledge in the past year and a half and I have even hosted my first make and take last spring.  I have more of them planned, and am so excited to share my knowledge.  I share, share, share whenever someone either presents me with an ailment that I might know how to help with or asks me if there is anything they might try.  

How's that for random?  I didn't want to disappoint anyone.  ;-)  

Until next time...

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

It’s so, so, SO good to hear from you, Angie!!! So good all mostly good things are happening!! Lol about the skittles. I need to see about this lime is back flavor. I haven’t heard about this.
What is your Instagram handle so I can follow you??

Suzanna said...

It's been a few more years, I wonder if you'll even see me leave a comment. Lime is back!!!! In the skittles, nice change since this post of yours, lol. I got back on my blog yesterday and put an update on there and was going through and looking up some of my old blogger friends wondering where they are at today in their journeys. Would love to touch base with you again, check out my latest post I guess? desiretomother.blogspot.com