Wow. Has it really been over 6 months since I last wrote here? A couple of months ago, I received a message from a friend checking in...saying she missed my "voice." I appreciate it. And I intended to stop by sooner. But, well...life happens.
I'm sure I haven't been any busier than anybody else, and I've even composed - or at least begun - about a hundred posts in my head. I just never seemed to manage to make it to the computer before the thought was gone from my mind, replaced by daily chores lists or pretend play with Lincoln. The truth is, I've missed this place so very much. I won't begin to try to "catch up" on the happenings of the last 6 months. Nothing extraordinary has happened in our little home that merits a blog post this late. I'll just talk a bit about the past week.
J had surgery on Monday. Nothing serious - he had a thryroglossal duct cyst removed (for those non-medical folks like me, here's what that is: a thyroglossal duct cyst is a pocket in the front part of the neck that is filled with fluid. A child is born with this cyst. It is formed from leftover tissue from the development of the thyroid gland when an embryo was forming.) It went a little deeper than they thought it would be, and they ended up cutting into the base of his tongue. All that really meant for us was an overnight stay in the hospital as he needed to remain NPO for the night, and we came home with a small drain tube protruding from his incision that had to be removed on Thursday. He's doing better now, though, and is starting to add some soft foods to the full liquids diet we came home with on Tuesday.
I'm a new aunt! I was an aunt before, but all of Jeremie's brothers' children were already here when we married and I claimed the title. My brother and his wife welcomed their precious daughter on Thursday evening...9 days late. They were supposed to go in that evening to begin an induction, so I'm glad for them that she FINALLY decided to arrive. Lincoln is in love and insists she is his "little sister." He "held" her 3 different times while we visited them yesterday at the hospital, and requested to go back and see his baby frequently throughout the day.
IF friends, I have a friend that experienced a l0-week loss on Thursday. I know that pain, but she has 2 other children to take care of as she mourns. Please help me remember her and the rest of her family as they trudge down this horrid path of grief.
I promise it won't take me 6 months to return (if anybody's even still there to read).
Hugs and best wishes,
Saturday, June 25, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
That used to kill me when Connor would ask for a sister. It's strange that he actually has one now! Are you guys done? Or are you going to give Lincoln a brother/sister? May I just say that I enjoy your daily photos. I thought Connor had alot of toys! Lincoln has way more ;)
Hi Angie!! So sorry I am just seeing this now. I am so glad you updated. I SO know what you mean about blogging...I haven't posted in forever either. I write so much in my head but can't get it to make it into an actual post.
Glad J is doing okay after surgery. That doesn't sound like a pleasant procedure at all. Hope he's back to normal by now!
Congrats on being a "new" aunt again! That is always so exciting. So cute about Lincoln. That's a great age where they really tart understanding their place in the world around them.
I am very sorry for your friend's loss. Sending some prayers up for them. Having children doesn't make the loss any easier, I know all too well.
Be well, dear friend. And don't stay away so long😀
Ok...it's been a while! Would love an update from you. Hope things are good!! Miss you!
Post a Comment