It's all gone. Every last remnant. Today I lost the last remaining (seemingly unrelated) thing that reminded me of my journey to Motherhood - my credit card number. It's a strange feature of my brain, I know, but I've always had a knack for remembering long strings of numbers. So, as I gave out my number "freely" and on several occasions during our IVF cycle and subsequent FETs, I unintentionally memorized the sequence - including the 3 digit security code on the back. I even kept that card in my nightstand after it expired and a new one came. Like it or not, it was a small piece of the puzzle that brought me my love. I'm no hoarder, but I'm definitely the sentimental type.
Since that original cycle, that card has expired and I've had two more in its place. But yesterday, as I was preparing to pay my bill, I noticed a charge that I did not make listed on my statement. Further investigation showed an identical charge still pending from earlier this week. Someone had used my card number for some type of subscription, it seemed. Nothing else, though. (I guess some crooks are crazy - or maybe they were just seeing if they could get away with it before buying something big.) I immediately disputed the charges with my bank and had the account frozen. This morning, I had a message to call as soon as possible, so I did. They have removed the charges and are replacing my card. I know it is totally crazy, but a tiny little part of me is sad about getting a new credit card number.
I know that I won't forget my journey. If nothing else, it is recorded HERE. Every single time I quoted it from memory (or, more frequently, keyed it in while ordering something online), I thought of my sweet boy and how that number helped bring him into my life. But it makes me angry that everyone can't play by the rules, so we law-abiding citizens are the ones who have to change.
On a side note, has it really been over 3 months since I last blogged? Shame on me! I've "written" many posts in my head, but couldn't seem to get them logged in, I guess. I'll try to do better, just in case anyone is still interested...or for my own therapeutic needs. Whichever the case may be...
Saturday, October 3, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
Hey chick! What a bummer! I hate to lose cards I can actually remember the numbers too, not to mention what you used yours mostly for. Are you guys going to TTC#2? I'm in this crazy world of TTC again. Only because it was either that or go through with my hysterectomy. The new RE I'm seeing seems very optimistic that I can have a child with IUI and I shouldn't need IVF. We will see.....either way I'm only TTC until year end since our deduct is met all my meds/visits are 100%. Only paying out-of-pocket IUI's. I'm clearly not as optimistic as he is.
Post a Comment