Initially, I wanted to wait until the mail ran to see if my replacement credit card came, but we decided to head out early to try and beat the rain. We ran a couple of errands, got our groceries, and headed home for a late lunch. When J ended up leaving work an hour late (even after going in 2 hours early), I was glad to have eaten later. We decided I'd run to McD's to grab us some dinner, and that's where the title of this post comes in to play. As I went to out in my shoes, I decided to change out of my jeans into some comfy yoga pants. They didn't exactly match the top I was wearing, but you don't have to match at a drive-thru, right?
I pulled up to the speaker, placed my order, drove forward and paid (with my new credit card, in case you were wondering). I got to the second window and they lady immediately handed me my drinks. I waited for a couple of minutes and was handed a sack of food with the instructions to "Have a nice night." I pulled forward a bit and did my usual glance into the bag and discovered that my order was wrong. Instead of chicken nuggets, I had 2 cheeseburgers. Crap. I pulled into a parking space and checked my receipt. I expected it to be correct because the screen was correct when I ordered. It was, so I took it in with my bag of food. There was a line. And here I was looking like a "Person of Wal-Mart," waiting to plead my case. They told me to keep the burgers and gave me the nuggets, thanking me for letting them fix their mistake. (Huh?)
At least I had the forethought to take off the 3 "I've Been Krogering" stickers Lincoln had plastered on my chest. Moral of the story: if I'm going to McDonald's (or any other place with the potential for mistakes), I'd better keep my jeans on. They're gonna get mine wrong.









1 comments:
Love you girl! Isn't that how life works? I remember my mom making a comment about how she was getting better at driving the 15 passenger van, then right after that getting stuck in the parking lot because she clipped the car parked next to her while she tried pulling out of her spot. Hope y'all enjoyed the extra food!
Post a Comment