Friday, July 17, 2015
Breaking In
No, I haven't turned to a life of crime. I'm referring to "breaking in" new colleagues. I feel like I've been doing just that for the past 7 years. Last year, I mentored a new team member, and got a second new team member (we are in teams of 3) in January. I've been the most veteran 5th grade teacher for the past 3 years, and I was supposed to mentor our newest team member next year. Today, I found out she's leaving, too. Not that I blame her - she'll be closer to home - but it definitely wears on a person's nerves. There are materials we need to prepare for open house that can't be finalized until someone has been hired to fill her position. (Not to mention the KTIP training I have already endured this summer in preparation for the changes in the program). I know it's not personal, and I am not taking it as such. It's just disappointing. I wish I had the same team 2 years in a row...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment