Thursday, May 8, 2014

Ode to Lincoln



I am Lincoln.
I eat with my fingers
I play with water bottles
I am fascinated by objects others call ordinary
I steal momma's cutting board
And use it for a cane
I give hugs
And knee kisses
I hold the phone backwards to my ear and say hello
I act shy to strangers
Then wave to them as they leave
I line things up
My mommy and daddy love me more than life
Because they prayed and suffered for my existence
I can turn a bad day into a good day by sharing giggles
I prefer no shoes
I like bubbles
I take showers
I have a sweet tooth
And I love fruit
And milk
I drink from a straw like a big boy
I might be a big brother some day
If it's God's plan
I love Sunday School
Alvin and the chipmunks cracks me up
I have a temper
I wish my dog would play with me
Sometimes I lay in his bed
It's cozy
I like to push buttons
I see all of my grandparents nearly every day
I am special-
My mommy said so.



1 comments:

Suzanna said...

Lincoln is so cute! I'm trying to picture him using the cutting board as a cane... Must be a funny sight. =)